1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
1 large onion, diced (2 cups)
1 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (2 cups)
2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups cooked white beans, such as cannellini, or 1 15-oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
4 cups baby spinach (4 oz.)
2 Tbs. lemon juice
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
4 tsp. finely chopped mint leaves
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent.
2. Add zucchini, and cook 8 minutes more, or until vegetables are well browned.
3. Add vegetable broth and 2 cups water, and bring to a boil.
4. Stir in beans and spinach, and return to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
6. Stir in lemon juice, zest, and mint.
7. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Valerie & I have decided this soup might be really good in the summertime and served lukewarm or cold.