Lemony Bulgur with Green Beans & Spinach
1 cup bulgur
1/4 cup plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
1 lb. green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
1 10-oz. bag baby spinach, roughly chopped
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
8 leaves fresh mint, thinly sliced
1. Place bulgur in large bowl, and pour 3 cups boiling water over it; cover, and let stand 20 to 30 minutes, or until bulgur is tender. Drain, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp. oil in skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tsp. garlic, and cook 1 minute.
3. Add asparagus and 1/2 cup water. Cover, and cook 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Add spinach, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until just wilted, tossing occasionally with tongs. Season with salt, if desired.
5. Whisk together remaining 1/4 cup oil with lemon juice, lemon zest, and remaining 1 tsp. garlic. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
6. Fluff bulgur with fork. Fold in spinach mixture. Stir in walnuts, basil, mint, and olive oil mixture.