Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burritos
from the “La Dolce Vegan” cookbook
2 medium sweet potatoes (4 cups) diced
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 19oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 cup vegetable stock
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ tbsp chili powder
2 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp salt
4 large flour tortillas
¼ cup salsa
1 cup cheese, grated
1. In a pot of salted water, boil the sweet potatoes.
2. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, in a medium saucepan on medium heat, saute the onions in oil until translucent.
3. Add the black beans, stock, garlic, chili powder, mustard, cumin, and salt. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 15 min.
4. Drain water from sweet potatoes. Return potatoes to pot and mash with masher. Set aside.
5. Once bean mixture is done, mash with potato masher and set aside.
Putting it all together:
Spread onto each tortilla: 1 tbsp. salsa, ¼ of the sweet potatoes, ¼ of the beans and ¼ of the cheese.
Roll up each burrito and serve as is or bake in the oven till crisp.
Just another quick word about this cookbook…if you are vegetarian or vegan or you just want a good cookbook YOU MUST BUY THIS! It was recommended to me by my awesome friend Mandy (formerly Tirey) and it’s really an amazing cookbook.