Karen and Hallie wanted muffins for breakfast one day so Karen sent me to the kitchen. I found a fun pumpkin muffin recipe online here and changed it by using dried cranberries instead of raisins. Good times and good pumpkin-ness.
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons canola oil or corn oil
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
4 large eggs
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. Grease and flour 24 muffin cups or mini fluted cupcake cups.
3. Beat sugars with oil, pumpkin puree, and eggs until well blended.
4. Combine flour, soda, salt, and spices in a bowl; stir into the first mixture until well blended.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
6. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until firm.
Makes 24 pumpkin muffins.