P.S. If you don’t have a rolling pin, invest in one for this. I found it hard to get the dough thin enough with a water glass.
1 cup plain flour
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon water
6 ½ oz. ricotta cheese
½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 egg yolk
To make dough:
1. Sift the flour into a bowl.
2. Make a well in the center. Add the egg, oil and water.
3. Gradually mix into the flour.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured board.
5. Knead until smooth and elastic.
6. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
While pastry is setting, make the filling.
To make the filling:
1. Combine the ricotta, parsley and egg yolk.
2. Mix well.
Finishing off the Raviolis:
1. Halve the dough; reshape each piece into a smooth ball.
2. Roll out each thinly to a long oblong shape.
3. Place a teaspoonful of filling in mounds at 2 inch intervals in a line on one sheet of dough.
4. Brush between mounds with water.
5. Place the other sheet of dough carefully over top.
6. Press down between filling to seal.
7. Use a knife to cut into squares.
1. Drop ravioli into a pan of boiling water. Cook 8-10 minutes or till tender.
2. Remove ravioli using a slotted spoon.