Berries with Honeyed Yogurt
8 oz. fresh berries (I used blueberries, strawberries & raspberries)
a strip of unwaxed lemon zest
a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
a pinch of ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon water
2 3/4 cups vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup honey
1. Put a few of your berries aside to top this dish at the end.
2. Put the remainder of the berries in a saucepan on low heat.
3. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of water.
4. Heat gently for 3 minutes or till the berries begin to soften. When I made this the raspberries started to break down before the other berries were ready. I ended up cooking it a little longer so that it turned into a juicy berry mixture.
5. Let the mixture cool. Or not. I didn’t. I went right ahead with the next step.
6. Spoon the berries into glasses (they’re talking some kind of large shot glass).
7. Add the yogurt and the honey. I did this in steps…I swirled some honey on top of the warm berries, waited a minute, put the yogurt on top of that and then made another more artsy swirl of honey on the top of the yogurt.
8. Top with the berries you saved and serve.