Made this on Thursday night and it was really nice. I’d say from prep to cook time it took less than 30 minutes. From the “Gourmet Vegetarian” book (link on the cookbooks page).
Pasta and Bean Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
1/2 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
4 cups vegetable stock or water
1 6oz can of tomato paste
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
black pepper to taste
dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 cup spaghetti, broken into 1-inch lengths
1. Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally till tender.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients except the pasta.
5. Increase the heat to high.
6. When the liquid begins to boil, stir in the pasta.
7. Reduce the heat to medium.
8. Cover and cook till the pasta is tender.