Cauliflower Potato Soup with Nutmeg
1 small onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups vegetable stock
1 medium potato, chopped
2 cups cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup milk
1. In a soup pot on medium heat, sauté the onions and carrots in oil till the onions are translucent.
2. Add the vegetable stock, potatoes, cauliflower, cumin, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer till the potatoes are cooked.
4. Stir in milk.
5. Take the pot off the heat and with a potato masher, mash the vegetables till the soup is the consistency you prefer.
6. Return pot to heat. Reheat and serve.