Made this for Khara and I to try one of the days she stayed with me. It was okay, but probably not something I’ll make often, to be honest.
Quick Pea Soup (from 15 min gourmet vegetarian)
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup coarsely chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups vegetable stock
1 (16 oz.) bag frozen peas, thawed
dash of ground white pepper
½ cup milk
dash of nutmeg
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, till tender.
2. Stir in the vegetable stock, peas and white pepper.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
4. *Transfer the mixture to a blender and process till smooth.
5. Return the mixture to the pan.
6. Add the milk and nutmeg.
7. Stir constantly till the mixture is heated through.
8. Adjust seasoning to taste.
*This recipe would definitely be better if I had blended it. Since I do not yet own a blender I usually have to mash things. This is not really a recipe that is nicely mashable. Definitely use a blender if you have one.