This soup was okay. I’m not a HUGE fan of carrots but Jake is so I made this for him. Jake says that if you like carrots it’s a pretty nice soup to make.
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small potato, cubed
2 large carrots, chopped
2 inches fresh ginger, grated
2 cups vegetable stock
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper
1. In a medium soup pot on medium heat, sauté the onions in oil till translucent.
2. Add the potatoes, carrots and ginger.
3. Sauté another 2-3 minutes, stirring to avoid sticking.
4. Add the vegetable stock, salt and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer 15-20 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
6. Take the pot off the heat and with a potato masher, mash the soup till it reaches the consistency you prefer.
7. Return to the stove. Reheat and serve.