Quinoa Medley with Beans & Corn
1 1/4 cups quinoa, rinsed
1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn
1/2 cup chunky salsa, divided
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 Tbs. olive oil
lime wedges, for garnish (I didn’t have lime wedges, but this sounds GREAT)
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in saucepan.
2. Stir in quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer 10 minutes.
3. Add beans, corn, 1/4 cup salsa and chili powder; season with salt and pepper.
4. Return to a boil. Cover, and cook 2 to 5 minutes more, or until quinoa is tender.
5. Stir in cilantro, oil and remaining salsa.
6. Divide among bowls, garnish with lime wedges, and serve.