Jake’s Shrimp Cream Soup
½ medium white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons chives
2 cups frozen small shrimp
3 carrots, chopped
1 zucchini, cut lengthwise into quarters and sliced in half inch slices
2 medium heads broccoli
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ginger powder
4 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoon butter
drizzle of olive oil
2 cups veggie stock
1 ½ cups milk
3 green onions, chopped, to garnish
1. Over medium-high heat, sauté onion, garlic and chives in a drizzle of olive oil till tender.
2. Add in shrimp (still frozen). Cook 7 minutes.
3. Add in carrots, salt, pepper, ginger, chili powder. Cook till carrots are becoming softer.
4. Add in zucchini. Cook 5 minutes.
5. Add in butter. Let the butter melt and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add in flour and stir frequently to create a roux.
7. Add in veggie stock. Decrease heat to medium-low for 10 minutes.
8. Add in broccoli. Stir 2 minutes.
9. Add in milk. Cook two minutes, stirring to mix.
10. Top with green onions and serve.
**All spice measurements are guesses. Chef Jake and Chef Erin recommend you taste frequently and alter the measurements to your own preference.**
Another possible suggestion:
Add in shredded cheese along with the milk to make this a cheesy soup.
Happy eating everyone!