Chili-Cocoa Mashed Acorn Squash
1 medium acorn squash (about 2 pounds)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons unsweetened 100 percent cocoa powder
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt, plus a bit more, if desired
1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
3. Slice acorn squash in half, lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and discard.
4. Brush the flesh with olive oil and place flesh side down on baking sheet.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and place in a medium bowl.
7. Add remaining ingredients and mash until well blended.
8. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.