1/2 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lb. spaghetti
3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper
1. Reserve 1 tablespoon of olive oil, heat the rest in a medium pan.
2. Add the garlic and a pinch of salt and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until golden brown.
3. Remove the pan from the heat. Do not let the garlic burn. Burning ruins the flavor and you’ll have to start all over again!
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and remaining olive oil and cook till tender but still firm to the bite.
5. Drain the spaghetti and return to the pan.
6. Add the olive oil and garlic mixture to the spaghetti. Toss to coat.
7. Season to taste with the pepper. Add the parsley. Toss to coat again.
8. Serve immediately.