1 medium russet potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
10 ounces baby spinach
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
3 pinches nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
ground black pepper, to taste
1 canister Pillsbury crescent rolls
1. In a small pot of salted boiling water, cook the potato and carrots till tender. Drain well.
2. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook them, stirring frequently till they have softened. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute more.
3. Add the spinach in batches, letting each batch wilt before adding more.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
5. Combine the potato and carrot mixture and the spinach mixture in a large bowl.
6. Add in the cottage cheese, nutmeg, salt and black pepper. Stir well.
7. Spoon the filling into a shallow casserole dish 8×10 inches.
8. Unroll the Pillsbury crescent rolls and spread them over top of the casserole dish.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or till golden brown. Cut pie into portions and serve.