Tahini Rotini with Broccoli and Lemon
2 large garlic cloves, peeled
1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup tahini
juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons tamari
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1 cup vegetable stock
1 pound rotini
2 cups broccoli florets
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1. In a food processor, combine the garlic, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice (not zest), tamari, and cayenne. Blend well.
2. Transfer mixture to a saucepan. Add stock and keep heated.
3. In a large saucepan bring some lightly salted water to a boil.
4. Add the rotini to the water and cook till tender.
5. When the rotini is almost finished, add the broccoli florets to the saucepan to cook.
6. Once both rotini and broccoli are tender, drain and toss in the sauce mixture.
7. Top with a bit of lemon zest and toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.