We ended up eating the leftovers of this the next evening alongside the Chili Lime Fish Fry I first made a few months previously. A dash or two of citrus into the leftover pilaf worked wonders for this dish. I encourage you to try both the fish recipe and this pilaf recipe and see what you think!
Orzo Lentil Pilaf with Feta
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 medium red onion, finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 cups cooked brown lentils, or 1 15-oz. can lentils, rinsed and drained
6 oz. dry orzo pasta (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until softened.
3. Stir in lentils, orzo, and 1 1/2 cups water.
4. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Cover, and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until orzo is tender, and all water is absorbed.
6. Divide among serving bowls, and sprinkle each serving with 2 Tbs. feta.