8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 to 2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper
2 teaspoons vanilla
Unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder (for sprinkling)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Grease the foil and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, combine the butter and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Cool slightly.
4. In a small bowl, combine flour the 1/4 cup cocoa powder. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine sugar, coffee granules, cinnamon and ground chipotle pepper. Add the chocolate mixture.
6. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute.
7. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
8. Beat in vanilla.
9. Add flour mixture, 1/2 a cup at a time, beating on low speed just until combined.
10. Beat on medium speed 1 minute.
11. Spread batter evenly in prepared baking pan.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
13. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
14. Using the edges of the foil, lift brownies out of the pan.
15. Cut into bars and sprinkle with additional cocoa powder.