Herbed Tofu Lasagna with Zucchini
2 14-oz. pkg. firm tofu, well drained
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. sugar
1 Tbs. olive oil
4 medium-size zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 3 cups)
5 cups marinara sauce
16 no-cook lasagna noodles (9 oz.)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine tofu, basil, parsley, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, salt, red pepper flakes and sugar in food processor; blend until smooth and similar to ricotta in texture.
3. Put oil and zucchini in large nonstick skillet. Sauté 3 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat, or until just tender.
4. Spread 3 Tbs. marinara sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish.
5. Cover with layer of noodles, overlapping slightly, half of tofu mixture and half of zucchini mixture. 6. Top with another layer of noodles, remaining tofu and zucchini, and 1/2 cup sauce. Finish with another layer of noodles and remaining sauce.
7. Cover with foil, and bake 1 hour. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.