I was looking for a snack for my movie the other night. I don’t keep much snack food in the house when Jake is not around so all I really had was popcorn. I looked in my “La Dolce Vegan!” cookbook and found a recipe for Cajun Popcorn that uses a homemade Cajun Spice. I have included both recipes here for those of you who really love a popcorn snack.
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a small jar, combine all ingredients.
2. Cap and shake well before using.
1/4 cup popcorn kernels (8 cups popped)
2 tablespoons margarine
1/2-1 teaspoon Cajun Spice
1 teaspoon lime juice
1. Pop popcorn and place it in a large bowl.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the margarine until liquified. Stir in the Cajun Spice and lime juice.
3. Spoon evenly over popcorn, tossing till well incorporated.