All the Reds Soup
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 14oz. can diced tomatoes
4 cups vegetable stock
2 tablespoons long grain rice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 can red kidney beans
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and black pepper
parsley (to garnish)
Cheddar cheese, grated (to garnish)
1. Put the pepper, onion, garlic and oil into a large saucepan.
2. Heat until sizzling then turn down to low. Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the garnishes, and bring to a boil.
4. Stir well, then simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
5. Check the seasoning, garnish and serve hot.