1 onion, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (or sub ground cumin)
14 oz. spinach, washed and shredded
1 15oz. can chickpeas, drained
pat of butter
salt and black pepper
1. In a large wok, fry the onion in oil for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the garlic and cumin and fry for another minute.
3. Add the spinach in stages, stirring it until the leaves begin to wilt.
4. Stir in the chickpeas, butter and seasoning.
5. Reheat until just bubbling, then serve hot.
6. Drain off pan juices if you want or serve slightly wet.