Spinach & Bean Curd Soup
1 block firm tofu aka. bean curd
4 1/2 oz. spinach leaves without stems
3 cups vegetable stock
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
salt and pepper
1. Using a sharp knife to avoid squashing it, cut the bean curd into small pieces about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Wash the spinach leaves under cold, running water and drain well.
3. Cut the spinach leaves into small pieces or shreds, discarding any discolored leaves and tough stalks. Set the spinach aside.
4. In a preheated wok, bring the vegetable broth to a rolling boil.
5. Add the bean curd cubes and light soy sauce, bring back to a boil and simmer gently for about 2 minutes over medium heat.
6. Add the spinach and simmer for 1 more minute, stirring gently. Skim the surface of the soup to make it clear, and season to taste.