Golive Harden Bruschetta with mozzarella cheese
This recipe comes from “PETA’s Vegan College Cookbook” which has been a rather depressing cookbook as a whole. That made me less hopeful for this recipe, but I thought I’d give it a try anyway. At least it is simple enough, which is about the only positive thing I can say for this particular cookbook. This tasted rather like a cross between a spaghetti sauce and a pizza sauce. Not breaking any new ground with this one, but it was a good idea in a pinch. Might be a fast decent idea for an after school snack for kids.
Golive Harden Bruschetta
1 14.5oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
1 2.25 oz. can chopped black olives, drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Garlic powder, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
1 whole wheat pita
1. Put the tomatoes and olives in a bowl and mix together.
2. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir, mixing well.
3. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
4. Toast the pita in a toaster.
5. Tear into smaller pieces.
6. Dip into the tomato mixture to eat.