Glazed Carrots with Cider
1 pound young carrots
1 oz. butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup cider
4 tablespoons veggie stock or water
1 teaspoon French mustard
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
1. Wash and peel the carrots.
2. Grate the carrots using the largest board on the grater.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the carrots and saute 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Sprinkle over the sugar and cook, stirring for 1 minute or till the sugar has dissolved.
5. Add the cider and stock or water. Bring to a boil and stir in the French mustard.
6. Partially cover the pan and simmer for about 10-12 minutes till the carrots are just tender.
7. Remove the lid and continue cooking till the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce.
8. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the parsley and serve.