Orange Brunch Bell
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 small onion or 1/2 a medium onion, diced
1 teaspoon flax seeds
1/4 cup frozen organic peas
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup small frozen shrimp
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
dash of red pepper flakes (remember that a little goes a long way)
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon cilantro
1/4 teaspoon orange peel
dash (or 2) of paprika
dash of ground nutmeg
3/4-1 cup (depending on the size of your peppers) couscous
2 orange bell peppers, tops cut off and insides cleaned
grated mozzarella cheese, to taste
1. Place each of the bell peppers in its own small ovenproof bowl. Place them in a toaster oven and cook 5 minutes, to start the cooking process while you make the filling.
2. Saute onion and garlic till tender.
3. Add peas, salt and pepper. Stir fry one to two minutes.
4. Add the shrimp and the rest of the spices.
5. Cook till the majority of the liquid has evaporated.
6. Add the couscous and stir 1 minute.
7. Add water, starting with 1/4 cup and adding more as needed, and cook till couscous is tender.
8. Remove the peppers from the toaster oven. Let them cool till you’re able to handle them.
9. Scoop the filling into the peppers. If any filling is leftover, reserve it for when you finally eat or pack it into the sides of the dish.
10. Place the dishes back into the toaster oven and cook at 350 F for 10 minutes, or till pepper is tender and topping is browned.
11. Top with grated mozzarella cheese, to taste.