Green Easter Pie
butter, for greasing
3 oz. arugula leaves, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup risotto rice
3 cups hot veggie bouillon
1/2 cup dry white wine
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 tomatoes, diced
4 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup bread crumbs
1. Lightly grease a 9 inch/23 cm deep cake pan and line the base.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the onion and garlic over low heat for 4-5 minutes or till soft.
3. Add the rice to the skillet. Mix well to combine, then begin adding the bouillon a ladle at a time. Wait till each ladleful of bouillon has been absorbed before adding the next.
4. Preheat the oven to 350F.
5. Continue to cook the mixture, adding the wine, until the rice is tender. This will take around 15 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
6. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, peas, arugula leaves, tomatoes, eggs and 2 tablespoons of the marjoram.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Spoon the risotto into the prepared pan and level the surface by pressing with a wooden spoon.
9. Top with the bread crumbs and the remaining marjoram.
10. Bake for 30 minutes or till set. Cut into slices and serve.