2 cups navy beans (canned and drained or cooked and drained)
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 3/4 cups vegetable bouillon
1 bay leaf
2 sprigs oregano
1 tablespoon tomato paste
juice of 1 lemon
1 small red onion, chopped
1/4 cup pitted black olives, halved
salt and pepper
1. Put the navy beans in a flameproof casserole dish or a thick bottomed pot.
2. Add the olive oil and crushed garlic. Cook over gentle heat, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes.
3. Stir in the vegetable bouillon, bay leaf, oregano, tomato paste, lemon juice and red onion.
4. Cover the casserole dish and simmer for about 1 hour or till sauce has thickened.
5. Stir in the black olives, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or cold.
And now for the moment you’ve all been waiting for…the winner of the giveaway is (drumroll please)…my fabulous bloggin’ buddy over at The Onyx Plate! Check out her own mouthwatering blog and then visit the grocery store (because you’ll definitely want to eat after reading!). Thanks for everyone for entering and subscribing to my blog for a while! I hope you stick around and enjoy. Who knows what giveaway I’ll do next…it might be hard to top this one.