Stuffed Tomato Parcels
4 tilapia fillets, thawed (if frozen)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons walnuts
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 pound spinach, thick stalks removed and leaves shredded
4 beefsteak tomatoes
1 1/2 cups diced mozzarella cheese
pinch of nutmeg
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat the oil in a heavy pan. Add the walnuts to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, till toasted brown.
2. Add the onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, till soft but not brown.
3. Add the garlic and spinach, cover and cook for a further 2-3 minutes till the spinach is wilted.
4. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
5. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
6. Preheat oven to 400F.
7. In a square baking dish, layer the tilapia fillets.
8. Cut off and reserve a thin slice from the top of each tomato and scoop out the flesh. Do not pierce through the tomato.
9. Chop the flesh and stir it into the spinach mixture along with the cheese.
10. Fill each of the tomato shells with some of the spinach and cheese mixture and replace the tops.
11. Position the tomatoes on top of the tilapia fillets.
12. Spoon extra spinach mixture into the baking dish to fill any gaps.
13. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or till fish is cooked through.