1 cauliflower, cut into florets
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups plain soy milk
1 1/2 cups canned corn kernels, drained
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
5 slices Veggie Galaxy cheddar “cheese”
salt and ground black pepper
for the crumble topping:
scant 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
2 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup blanched walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Cook the cauliflower in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well. Reserve the cooking water.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and stir in the flour. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually stir in the milk and 2/3 cup of the reserved cooking water. Return the pan to the heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for about 3 minutes until thickened. Remove the pan from the heat.
3. Stir in the corn, parsley, thyme ad half the Cheddar into the sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Fold in the cauliflower, then spoon the mixture into an ovenproof dish.
5. To make the topping, place the flour in a bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
6. Stir in the oats, almonds, and remaining Cheddar.
7. Sprinkle evenly over the veggies.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or till top is golden brown. Serve hot.