1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 green bell pepper, chopped coarsely
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder, to taste
dash cayenne pepper
1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
1 16oz. can pinto beans, drained
1 cup tomato sauce
six 7-inch corn tortillas
2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook onion, garlic and bell pepper till soft, stirring so nothing burns.
2. Stir in the spices and saute one more minute.
3. Remove from the heat and mix in the corn, beans and 1 cup of tomato sauce.
4. Place 3 tortillas in a 2-quart casserole dish, arranging them to cover the bottom.
5. Spoon in half of the corn and bean mixture.
6. Spread 1/2 cup cottage cheese on top.
7. Sprinkle on half the cheddar.
8. Continue layering till ingredients are used up. Sprinkle chipotle powder on top layer of cheese.
9. Microwave uncovered on high heat till heated through and the cheese is melted. Around 10-15 minutes.
10. Let it sit 5-7 minutes before serving.