Tantalizing Tofu Marinade
1 block extra firm tofu, drained
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
1/2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1/2 cup bottled teriyaki marinade
1/2 bottle Alaskan Black IPA
3-4 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon parsley
sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Cut block of tofu in half to make two thinner slabs of the same rectangular size. Cut each slab into 2-4 pieces (depending on how large you want them to be).
2. Combine spicy brown mustard, whole grain mustard, chili garlic sauce, cider vinegar, toasted sesame oil, and teriyaki marinade in a roomy bowl and mix well.
3. Add Alaskan Black IPA and mix again.
4. Add sesame seeds, parsley, sea salt and ground pepper and mix well again.
5. Place tofu slabs in the bowl, making sure each is coated with the liquid.
6. Marinate at least an hour. Pour spoonfuls of marinade over the tofu slabs often if they happen to stick up above the rest of the liquid.
7. Grill on medium heat, coating often with leftover marinating liquid, till slabs have good char on both sides. Be careful when flipping so the tofu does not fall apart and into the charcoal.