Vanilla Apple Baked Dessert Rice
1 Braeburn apple, cored, peeled and cut into small chunks
1 tablespoon butter
dash of nutmeg, to taste
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon raw sugar
1/2 to 3/4 cup vanilla vodka
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
splash of spiced rum
raw sugar, optional
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan and cook apples over medium heat till browned, stirring often, adding in nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and raw sugar as you cook them.
2. Add vanilla vodka to the saucepan and stir to coat apples.
3. Throw your cooked rice into the saucepan and stir to combine.
4. Continue cooking till the mixture absorbs most of the liquid.
5. Transfer the rice and apple mixture to two small ovenproof bowls.
6. Splash a dash of rum over the top of the rice and apple mixture and add a light coating of raw sugar, if you’re using it.
7. Bake in a toaster oven at 250F (or on “medium toasted”) for 7-10 minutes, or till the sugar on top caramelizes and browns.