Red Onion and Zucchini Pizza
for the dough:
Pizza Dough recipe and ingredients (your choice)
for the topping:
2 red onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 zucchini, thinly sliced
salt and black pepper
4 oz. semisoft goat cheese
6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, snipped
extra olive oil, to sprinkle
1. Prepare the pizza dough according to your recipe directions.
2. Preheat the oven to 400F.
3. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes, till it is pliable. Then roll it out to a large circle and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Set it aside somewhere warm to let it rise a bit more while you make the topping.
4. Fry the onions in half the oil on low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Add the zucchini rounds and fry another 2 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper and add nutmeg to taste.
7. Spread the pizza dough base with the fried veggie mixture and dot with the cheese, tomatoes and oregano. Sprinkle with the rest of the olive oil.
8. Bake 12-15 minutes or till golden and crisp.