I FINALLY figured out my new computer! It took me so long because I’ve upgraded to a Mac and I have never owned one before. I’m sorry for my absence, but don’t worry, I’ve been STOCKPILING the yumminess this whole time. And I’m going to hit you with a bunch of posts over the next week to make up for my absence. This first one comes from the “Vegetarian Cuisine” cookbook, which was actually the first cookbook I bought when I decided to turn veg. This particular recipe is yummy and versatile and EASY. I thought I’d post it first because tomorrow is Saturday and you probably need something simple and savory for your breakfast or brunch. This is great with a nice thick loaf of bread or slices of toast. You can also eat it with rice, white or brown. Next time I make this I think I’ll get some Chinese stir fry noodles and toss the mushrooms and tofu in with that. There are a lot of possibilities for this recipe. Feel free to comment below and let everyone know what YOU did with it!
Mushrooms and Tofu in Garlic Butter
1/2 cup butter
4 small cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon ginger powder
3 cups button mushrooms
8 oz. extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
2 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley or basil
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and saute a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook 4-5 minutes or till mushrooms are softened. Stir occasionally.
4. Add the tofu and liquid smoke and cook till hot, stirring occasionally.
5. Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped parsley or basil. Serve immediately.