4 medium zucchinis
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 small onions, very finely chopped
1 medium carrot, grated
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
4 oz. creamed coconut, grated
fresh herbs, such as parsley, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise.
3. Remove the flesh of the zucchini using a teaspoon by scoring the flesh in diagonals to make little diamonds, taking care not to cut all the way through, then scooping out the flesh. Leave 1/4-inch of flesh in the shell.
4. Finely chop the flesh and set it aside.
5. Sauté the onion in the oil, stirring till the onion is softened.
6. Add the carrot, chopped zucchini flesh and spices and cook, stirring frequently, till softened.
7. Remove the pan from the heat and add the creamed coconut.
8. Place the zucchini halves in a greased casserole dish.
9. Put the mixture into the zucchini shells, making sure to cover the exposed flesh.
10. Cook 30-45 minutes till the zucchini shells are soft.
11. Serve garnished with fresh herbs or a dollop of white sauce.