2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 package paneer
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 pound frozen peas
1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup veggie broth
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Heat the oil in a wok. Meanwhile, cut the paneer into small cubes. Add the paneer to the oil and cook till golden on all sides, being careful not to burn the paneer. Transfer the golden paneer to a dish lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
2. Reserving at least 4 tablespoons of the oil from cooking the paneer, sauté the onions and garlic, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the ginger powder, garam masala, turmeric, and chili powder and cook gently for 2 minutes.
4. Add the peas, tomatoes, veggie broth, salt and pepper.
5. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or till the onion is very tender.
6. Add the paneer and cook 5 more minutes.
7. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and either sprinkle with the cilantro to serve, or turn off the heat and stir the cilantro in while the wok is still hot.