Peas with Baby Onions and Cream
6 ounces frozen baby (pearl) onions, thawed and cut in half
1 tablespoon butter
12 ounces frozen peas
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice, optional
salt and black pepper
1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and fry the onions for 6 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, till they begin to brown.
2. Add the peas and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
3. Add 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Simmer till the peas and onions are tender and there is a thin layer of water left on the bottom of the saucepan.
4. Using a whisk or form, blend the flour in the cream.
5. Keeping the heat on low, stir in the combined cream and flour, the parsley and seasoning to taste.
6. Cook over low heat for 4 minutes or till the sauce is thick.
7. Adjust the seasoning and add the lemon juice.
8. Serve hot with buttery couscous.