Tomato and Grated Zucchini Calzones
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups sliced onions
2 cups grated zucchini
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
2 medium tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
1/2 batch (2 balls) Pizza Dough
1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Saute the onions till tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer the onions to a plate.
3. Heat the other tablespoon of olive oil over high heat. Add the garlic and grated zucchini. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Then take the skillet off the heat.
4. Add the salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese to the zucchini mixture, stirring well.
5. Season the tomatoes well with salt and pepper.
6. Preheat the oven to 450F.
7. On a floured surface, roll out the balls of dough, one at a time, to 8-inch rounds.
8. Put half the tomatoes, and half the zucchini mixture into the middle of each round. Then sprinkle each round with half the basil.
9. Dampen the edges of the rounds with water and fold the calzones over, pressing the edges to seal them well.
10. Sprinkle cornmeal on a baking sheet and place the calzones on the sheet. Sprinkle some more cornmeal over the top of the calzones.
11. Bake the calzones for 15 minutes or till golden brown. Serve HOT.