On Golden Pond Mushroom Soup
This recipe from the “La Dolce Vegan” cookbook is easy, tasty and satisfying. Jake went on an adventure with some friends a few weeks ago but I had to work, as usual. So I snatched my opportunity to make recipes involving mushrooms. YUM! This has a bit of milk in it, but it wasn’t overwhelming enough to make this a cream soup. Instead, it made the resulting soup rich and sinful. It would make a really excellent gravy if allowed to thicken more. I made some wild rice with sautéed garlic to eat alongside this. It was a really excellent choice and went quite well with the richness of the mushroom soup. I’m definitely making this the next time Jake leaves me alone for dinner. I miss that crazy kid when he leaves, and this soup will help to ease my sorrows.
On Gold Pond Mushroom Soup
1 small onion, chopped
10 large white mushrooms, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons tamari
3 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup vegetable stock
1 1/2 cups milk
1. In a medium sized soup pot, saute the onions and mushrooms on medium-high heat till the onions are translucent.
2. Add the tamari, paprika, dill, salt and pepper. Sauté another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add in the flour and mix well.
4. Add the stock a half cup at a time, stirring often as it thickens.
5. Add in the milk and let the soup simmer for 8-10 minutes till it thickens a bit more. Serve immediately.