Zucchini and Corn Quesadillas
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
1 small white onion, sliced into 1/8-inch slices
1 medium-sized zucchini, grated
1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
2 teaspoon minced jalapeño chile with seeds
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
8 6-inch corn tortillas
lime wedges for garnish
1. Warm 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until golden.
2. Stir in zucchini, corn and jalapeño. Cook until zucchini is tender, stirring often.
3. Remove from heat and add cheese and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place 1 tortilla in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Top with 1/4 zucchini mixture, and set second tortilla on top. Cook until cheese begins to melt, pressing down with a spatula, about 2 minutes.
5. Flip, and cook 2 minutes more, or until browned.
6. Repeat with remaining tortillas and zucchini mixture. Serve hot with lime wedges.