Oh my gosh…it is SO almost the new year. And I have so many more recipes that I haven’t posted! ARGH! But let’s end the New Year with a good tasty cauliflower recipe from the Vegetarian Times website. This intrigued me because I’ve never used apples and cauliflower together. I WILL be trying it again. It was very tasty. It’s also very easy to make vegan, for those of you who need a plethora of good vegan recipes. While you’re waiting for your onions to sauté I’ll wish you all a very happy New Year! 2013 was pretty good, but I have very high hopes for 2014 and think it’ll be even better once it gets rolling. My new year wishes for you all are that you make and eat many beautiful and new things in the new year. I hope you challenge your cooking skills and your taste buds and discover something new in the process.
Curried Cauliflower Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 large head cauliflower, chopped into 1-inch pieces
4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft and golden.
3. Stir in the apple, curry powder, and garlic, and cook 2 minutes more.
4. Add cauliflower and vegetable broth, and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes.
5. Cool 20 minutes, then mash with a potato masher till well mixed and broken down.
6. Stir in honey and vinegar, and season with salt, if desired.