I really love this recipe from “The Garden of Vegan” cookbook. It’s easy and fast and super tasty. I love having recipes like this on hand for those nights when I’m short on time and really hungry. This recipe uses cauliflower, but it’s so simple and easy that you could sub in pretty much any vegetable for the cauliflower and it would work like a dream. It’s not really anything super inspired. I bet you’ve all made this in your own kitchen a million times. However, if you’re like me, you like being reminded of these easy meals. I spend a lot of time looking for new ways to cook food and sometimes forget that there are a thousand fabulous old ways, or easy ways to cook things. A good kick in the pants to get back to basics.
Sautéed Cauliflower and Cilantro
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2 large cauliflower, cut into florets
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Saute garlic in the sesame oil in a wok till softened.
2. Add cauliflower and sauté on medium-high heat, tossing to coat it with oil.
3. Cover and cook 4-5 minutes till the cauliflower can be easily pierced with a fork.
4. Add the sesame seeds and cilantro to the pan and turn off the heat.
5. Toss to incorporate the sesame seeds and cilantro.
6. Serve hot over rice.