Broccoli and Spaghetti Squash Gratin
1 medium spaghetti squash (1 ½–2 lb.)
4 cups small broccoli florets
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup grated Cheddar cheese, divided
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup low-fat milk
2 tablespoons low-fat cottage cheese
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F. Coat a 2-qt. baking dish with oil.
2. Pierce the spaghetti squash in several places with knife. Microwave it for 3 minutes on high power to soften. Slice off the ends, and cut straight down the length of the squash. Remove the seeds with spoon. Place halves cut side down on rimmed baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, or until the squash yields when pressed.
3. Cool the squash cut side up 10 minutes. Scrape the squash halves with a fork to release the strands. Transfer the strands to large bowl.
4. Toss broccoli with oil in bowl, then add to squash along with 1/4 cup Cheddar.
5. Whisk together eggs, milk, cottage cheese, green onion, and mustard in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, then stir into the squash mixture.
6. Spread the mixture in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar. Drizzle with olive oil.
7. Increase the oven temperature to 425°F. Bake on the top oven rack for 25 minutes, or until center is set and top begins to brown.